Our most important goals as piano teachers are to teach your child to “love” music. Everything else comes second….
I thought you would enjoy reading some of my “Tina-isms”, my own personal sayings that I share with my students.
- Strive for excellence, not perfection
- It’s not quantity, it’s quality
- It isn’t how much you practice, it’s how you practice
- What’s more important, notes or rhythm? (The answer is both)
- A piece can only be played as fast as its most difficult section
- The most common cause for memory problems is learning incorrect fingering